How we support our students
At City Heights E-ACT Academy every student is valued as an individual. All students will be encouraged and supported to ensure they make progress in the curriculum and in their everyday lives.
City Heights E-ACT Academy welcomes all students including those who have special educational needs and/or a disability (SEND).
City Heights offers excellent support to students with Education, Health and Care plan.
We also offer support to students who do not have a Education, Health and Care plan but who:
- Need support in some of their lessons, especially with literacy and numeracy
- Need support especially with emotional and /or behavioural difficulties which hinder learning
- Are students whose first language is not English, and who need support in learning English
- Are students who need extra help with their reading
- Are students who need help to use written and spoken language more effectively
- Are students who are identified with autism/aspergers
- Are students who have medical conditions / disabilities
- Are students who are looked after
- Are students who need support in making the transition from primary to secondary education
Further information is available from the Children’s Society – Advice for young people from young people