Uniform and equipment
All students will be expected to wear their uniform that reflects our value of pride and professionalism, inside and outside of the Academy. The information below outlines clearly our uniform expectations.
- City Heights Blazer (Grey with Red Trim)
- Academy tie (stripe colour by year group)
- Grey Tailored Trousers (not skinny or jean fit).
- Grey Academy Skirt (knee length)
- Flat, black leather shoes
- White Shirt with collar and top button fastened at all times
- Black/Grey socks or black opaque tights
- Academy jumper (optional)
- Single stud of plain gold/silver in each ear (no diamante/pearl/coloured/spike styles permitted)
- Hair colour must be of natural colour and have no patterns etc.
- Plain rucksack (no handbags etc.) Year 7 students must have a City Heights school bag.
- City Heights PE T-Shirt
- Grey PE shorts, grey skort, grey/black tracksuit bottoms
- Appropriate trainers
The uniform can be purchased locally at WearAbouts in West Norwood (see below). The suppliers are Price and Buckland.
Our high street stockist is:
WearAbouts, 358 Norwood Road, West Norwood, London SE27. Tel 020 8244 7887.
A free measuring and sizing service is offered in-store.
In response to frequently asked questions, we hope the following is helpful:
- Shoes must be black leather (polishable) with black, grey or white stitching (no logos) and low heels.
- PE trainers should be any appropriate trainer type shoe (no logos).
- Tights should be grey. Socks should be grey or black.
- Shirts should be white with a classic collar for a tie. Short or long-sleeved.
- Students should not wear jewellery beyond a pair of plain stud earrings. They should not wear nail varnish.
- School bags must be black and not have a large logo, they must also hold A4 sized books. Year 7 students must have a City Heights School Bag.
- Students should bring in to school each day: his/her student planner; blue/black pen; pencil; ruler; rubber. They must bring in a bag that is big enough to carry books and equipment. (see above).
Please note that the Headteacher reserves the right to decide if a students uniform complies with the academy’s uniform expectations. Failure to wear the correct uniform could lead to a student being isolated and not participating in lessons until they are adhering with uniform expectations. In exceptional circumstances, students may be requested to return home to dress in correct uniform before being permitted to enter the academy.