Careers programme information
At City Heights E-ACT Academy, we believe that a Good Career and Education Guidance is instrumental to prepare each student for a life post-16 and beyond. We will ensure that our students are supported with the advice and information they need to make informed, appropriate decisions about their next steps; be it Further Education, Apprenticeships, Employment or Enterprise.
Our commitment is to deliver a highly effective programme. A plan that embodies diversity and equality, affording every student the opportunity, experience and support to fulfil their full potential, irrespective of their social and family background.
Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) at City Heights E-ACT Academy.
The Careers and Pathway Coordinator:
Key Stage 3 – Sam Pengelly
Key Stage 4 – Evelyn Asante
Phone: 020 3691 4600
As a Statutory Guidance, we follow the Gatsby 8 Benchmarks as a framework for improving our careers provision. The eight Gatsby benchmarks of Good Career Guidance are:
1. A Stable Careers Programme
2. Learning from Career and Labour Market information
3. Addressing the Needs of Each Pupil
4. Linking Curriculum Learning to Careers
5. Encounters with Employers and Employees
6. Experiences of Workplaces
7. Encounters with Further and Higher Education
8. Personal Guidance