Our ethos and values
At E-ACT City Heights Academy, we are an academy anchored in the heart of our community – developing tomorrow’s leaders, compassionate and articulate; ready for university or a career of their choice.
Our academy vision is integral to all that we do and is underpinned by our academy values, which are reflected in the actions, decisions and behaviours of our community. They are:
- Social justice
- Pride and professionalism
- Respect and responsibility
- Empathy and kindness
These values are taught through our tutorial programme, assemblies, and day-to-day interactions with our students. In addition, as an academy we uphold, model and promote the British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect of those with different faiths and beliefs.
Our values are the core beliefs which drive our academy and allow us to achieve our vision:
- Outstanding learning – excellent teaching and learning is the core to all that we do. Put simply, ‘the main business is the main business’
- All can achieve – we are clear that there are no excuses for underachievement. We subscribe to a ‘growth mindset’ and know that no barrier is too great that it cannot be overcome. Put simply, ‘we don’t do excuses’
- High standards in all that we do – we have an unrelenting focus on meeting the highest standards in all that we do. From learning, to behaviour, to attitude, uniform or attendance, we challenge anything that is less than the very best. Put simply, we are not prepared to lower our expectations of anybody
- We all are role models – every member of our academy community is a role model and we all have the opportunity and responsibility to have a positive impact on the lives of others. We give trust and respect at all times regardless of whether it is earned. Put simply, we ‘walk the talk’ and model the high expectations that we expect of others