Welcome to the sixth form
We are excited to announce the next stage of the academy’s development with the opening of City Heights’ Sixth Form. From October 2017 parents and students will be able to visit our new post-16 suite which will open fully for teaching in September 2018.
At City Heights’ Sixth Form we will offer students the chance to achieve their ambitions with the support of experienced A level teachers. We have high aspirations for all of our students who will have access to a range of courses. We will tailor each student’s programme of study to fit with their personal needs and goals. Those who aim to study at top Russell Group universities will be well supported with an academic programme, as will those young people who would like to access a range of qualifications which could lead to either university, work or apprenticeships.
As well as providing post-16 study for existing City Heights’ students, we invite applications from external students who meet our entrance criteria.
South London Sixth (SL6)
We are also pleased to be collaborating with other local sixth forms to ensure a broad range of educational opportunities for our students. In 2017 we joined the South London Sixth (SL6), a collection of local schools that work together to provide comprehensive curriculum opportunities for our young people.
What we offer
Our ambition is for every student leaving City Heights’ Sixth Form to have the character and qualifications to contribute positively to their local and global community.
City Heights Sixth Form benefits from:
- A brand new dedicated suite of rooms
- A Study and Learning Resources area
- A common room with views across London
- A sixth form cafe
- A personal chromebook for each student
- Experienced A level staff
- Personal tutors
- Links with Dulwich College
- Collaboration with Dunraven, Elmgreen and St Martin-in-the-Fields sixth forms through SL6
- A residential trip at the beginning of year 12
- Links with Kings College London and Sussex Universities